Rent a room in Witney - we occasionally have rooms available in a shared house.
All rooms will have:
- Drawers (could be built into the wardrobe)
- Locking door
- WiFi access to fast broadband
Tenants on benefits may be considered in some properties, but a guarantor will be required and the deposit will be higher. Under 25's will always require a guarantor. Rent is paid monthly or weekly, depending on property. A double room will be shown twice on this page if available for double occupancy with a different rate for two people. Double rooms can only be shared by a couple.
It should be noted that MJS Property do not charge tenants a commission or service charge.
- Rooms will one be avalable to quiet tenants - the houses will not be used to host parties or any other social gathering. Friends can spend time at the property so long as it doesn't cause any disturbance to other residents.
- A deposit will be required on all rooms. The amount will depend on job security and will be a minimum of one months rent. A council bond may be used to cover some or all of the deposit.
- Depending on age and employment stability a guarantor may be required. Aged 25 or under will always require a guarantor unless serving forces.
- Access to the room will be given upon signing a contract AND receipt of deposit AND receipt of rent from the start date to the end of the month in which the contract starts. If the tenant is to move in less than 10 days before the end of the month, the following months rent is also to be paid.
- People on benefits will be considered, though the deposit tends to be higher because of the way the laws of this county work. A guarantor will also be needed - this will be a home owner and/or working and financially stable person who will make all payments (you then pay them). This is typically a parent. Further details [here].
- A reference will be needed, this will have to be for at least six months in another property.